ImmPort Data Upload Workflow and Templates
The Immunology Database and Analysis Portal (ImmPort) has been developed under the ImmPort Contract for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Transplantation (DAIT).
The goals of the ImmPort project are to:
- Provide an open access platform for research data sharing
- Create an integrated environment that broadens the usefulness of scientific data and advances hypothesis-driven and hypothesis-generating research
- Accelerate scientific discovery while extending the value of scientific data in all areas of immunological research
- Promote rapid availability of important findings, making new discoveries available to the research community for further analysis and interpretation
- Provide analysis tools to advance research in basic and clinical immunology
The ImmPort project provides advanced information technology support in the archiving and exchange of scientific data for the diverse community of life science researchers supported by NIAID/DAIT and serves as a long-term, sustainable archive of research and clinical data. The core component of ImmPort is an extensive data warehouse containing experimental data and metadata describing the purpose of the study and the methods of data generation. The functionality of ImmPort will be expanded continuously over the life of the BISC project to accommodate the needs of expanding research communities. The shared research and clinical data, as well as the analytical tools in ImmPort are available to any researcher after registration.
Private data and pre-release data are stored in private workspaces of investigators at the ImmPort site located at NIAID, http://immport.niaid.nih.gov. Once shared, studies may be searched at the Shared Data site: www.immport.org.